Re: [D-G] William James brother of Henry James: on pragmatism & Andrew Culp's -a Dark Deleuze-

discuss with text or post-media the universes of references associated
with deleuze and guattari.
sylviajenepi
Site Admin

Re: [D-G] William James brother of Henry James: on pragmatism & Andrew Culp's -a Dark Deleuze-

Post by sylviajenepi »

sent by dewey dell to drift line: this on: july the 15th 2018

Hello my dear Deleuzo-Guattarians.!!.

I have finished my reading of "Pragmatisme" by William James (1907) 8 conferences.

It seems there is a new edition going alongside new continental curiousity for Pragmatism in Europe.

It has helped me (the chapter on Monism versus Multiplicities) to imagine the Origin of our Universe (Spinoza's Substance)
was Neutral yet with depth of variation of intensities. I have yet to read Categories by Aristoteles to refine this appreciation
(a young Syrian arriving from Damascus as a refugee who is an expert in Syria about Spinoza and Aristoteles has told me
I could not understand Spinoza if I did not understand Aristoteles.)

I nevertheless appreciate how W.James criticizes the rationalist approach about determinism and necessity
as we find those in Spinoza.

A friend of mine who is an expert in Isaac de Luria and Moshe de Leon, tells me Bergson was a early W.James reader.

I understand better Deleuze claim in CC about "Confidence", as it comes explained as its root in Pragmatism, lesson 3:

<<If the governing Force in the World is clearseeing and not blind, we can reasonably expect better results from it.>>

I aswell want to say something, recently on Dank Facebook Andrew Culp has said that deLanda is Concrete, whereas Deleuze was Abstract

which seems Abstract to say. Are there people reading Nick Land's litterature? Here? Not "Fanged Noumena" which is about Kant
but his litterature proper? Andrew Culp has written a book criticising the "pragmatism" of Deleuze, his positivity, like the
plane of composition doubling the plane of immanence. Andrew Culp over this prefers the exposal of Cruelty, and see a positivity in
Negative Thinking and Negative Affects. Something stopping the World, which he considers as an Illusion

Something negative enough is looked for, to stop you from writing.

May be a way for Culp to block Deleuze is to first block deLanda, setting them both in this dyad "Abstract-Concrete",
even though such a dyad is highly Abstract innit it self!

I find the William James prospection of the kernel or core of reality (Deleuze 's Outside) before
it becomes a sensation. Many possibilities for Concrete Plane of Composition!! James see a becoming human
a bit like Cézanne, instead than a becoming woman-animal-molecular-imperceptible. The biology, the arythmetics,
the astrological have all this mankind's watermark stamped on it, as anterior thoughts. We could not think without
pre-impression??

Is there anyway other subscribers recommanding James or Dewey here? Or any other recent Pragmatists, like Isabelle Stengers??

Takk
Dewey Dell

PS: I send this to OFS in case DriftLine closes by aswell.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((past posts:

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 1:26 AM, malgosia askanas <ma@panix.com> wrote:
It seems to me that the way "some people" write is not an entirely satisfactory explanation for what killed a list of over 500 subscribers. Couldn't you have many different people writing in many different ways and still have a very viable list?

On 2018-06-24 06:53 PM, martin hardie wrote:
The problem it seems with this list, and I suspect the new, is that it some
people seem to think to be Deluzian you must write like a space cadet hippy
using as many jargonised words that you think sound like Deleuze. It killed
this list. Let's hope their is light somewhere else. Poor old Gilles must
be trying to jump out of his window again, out at least rolling in his
grave. )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
EmileLal

Re D G William James brother of Henry James on pragmatism Andrew Culps a Dark Deleuze

Post by EmileLal »

For LA-areans, William Henry and James Arthur will be giving a seminar on Feb 22, and I think both will be speaking as well at the Conscious Living Expo on the 15th.

Links on WHs site.
sylviajenepi
Site Admin

Re: Re: [D-G] William James brother of Henry James: on pragmatism & Andrew Culp's -a Dark Deleuze-

Post by sylviajenepi »

http://www.creationlightship.com/ronamitron.php

<< just saw a movie from this ron guy a conference at the Conscious Living LA in 2011
he is talking about abduction from aliens
and a bit like william gibson's hero in 'tomorrow's parties'
there is a nexus in time
but he ron says if you believe in the nexus and in time you lean
your emotions towards 'darkness' which gives an opportunity to the aliens
to abduct you.
then ron says you better clean your emotion and live 100% into your heart and body
to get to 'light' which is now.

i personnaly know some friends who are clones
but i like them as such.
and for those who are not abducted
i think 'light' means aswell see the beauty
of this crowd movements, how earth is linked to the
universe
the vision from outside on the res extensa
is more a sort of poem a fairy tale told by the universe,
instead than this fancy fair new church sectarian gurus
who have no reasoning
(at least if your a clone)